February 5, 2011

Handwriting Tag, Introducing The Traitor and a Progress Report.

Am I cramming too much stuff into a single post? I don't know, but I'll try to keep it short. 2 entries in a day often tend to go unread anyway. So let me start with the fun stuff. I was blog hopping this morning when I bumped on to this post at the Tsarista sez, and thought it might be fun to do it too, so I decided to give it a shot, shamelessly (because no one tagged me). Basically you answer the following questions on a piece of paper in your handwriting.

1. What's your name/your Blogger name?
2. What's your blog's name/URL?
3. Write "the quick fox jumps over the lazy dog"
4. Favorite quote?
5. Your favorite song?
6. Your favorite band/singers?
7. Anything else you want to say?
8. Tag 3-5 other people.


I tagged 4 people in the post (Fortunes FoolChris @ Chaos and KairosStacey and Janey - Because.. No because, because they're super special!) but it's really open for anyone and everyone :)

Okay, moving on to Part 2






People have always presumed stuff about me, that I am a bitch and a snob and various other mean things. I don't know how they made that presumption in the first place, and on the other hand I am actually better off not knowing such kind of people. I have very few friends, I have many many acquaintances, and I have had only 1 enemy till date (She needs a separate blog post altogether, gotta add that to my list). The easiest thing about having an enemy is that you can just be open about your hatred for the person. I have known many people that I dislike, and I dislike a lot of people, hence very few friends :P I do not wish badly for anyone, not even the people whom I dislike.The problem arises when a very close friend crosses over to the dislike territory. Meet The Traitor.

When I was finishing my professional education overseas, I spent a lot of time online. I still do! It's different now because I have work to do and studies to take care of. Back then, I was just alone and miserable after Justin left. But I made a good online friend circle (The biggest mistake of my life)! The Traitor used to be friendlier than usual, and well I used to like her too, it was all good at first. Then I returned to India and I met her. It was alright, but the next thing I know is there are posts and pictures of me and her all over called "BFF". I was not that fond of her, But I tagged along with her (also coz' she praised me all the time, I should have known!). She had a very negative vibe about herself, and I did not know this for a long time that she used me to prove to the world that she was "cool" too. Ryan hated her guts, but tolerated her anyway because she was a friend of mine.

One night she had come over to our place and we were supposed to watch a movie together. I was not feeling too well, so I passed on the alcohol. Ryan and Traitor were having their drinks, and I know my drinks pretty well. It is very easy to pretend that you're drunk, but it's easier for me to spot that. Well, Ryan was drunk and passed out, I just went out of the room to attend a call and when I get back, she was sleeping on him. I did not react that time, and turned a blind eye because I knew that Ryan had passed out and wouldn't hit on her anyway. She was awake, and struggled back to her position pretending she was drunk. Whatever, I tried not to think and be the same with her because of the friendship.

Few months later, a completely new acquaintance shared some information with me where she told him that her best friend's boyfriend tried to sleep with her. I knew it was about me, and I was furious. When I asked her, she had no answer and blocked me out of everywhere. I know Ryan is a cheat, but he has a certain class of women he would cheat with too, and not in a million years could it be her. I found out recently that she has been stalking me for the past year when we have not talked, and the special disclaimer on the blog is specifically for her. She added me on Facebook on 1st January, and I thought with the whole break up thing and a brand new year maybe I needed to make new beginnings, and I accepted her request. It so did not work out! She started stalking me more and more till finally I deleted my Facebook account altogether.

I never knew someone could emit such negativity with so much intensity! Ughh, she just makes me feel angry and depressed instantly. I wish I never knew her!

Okay so moving on to Part 3 :)

Progress Report : I decided to make a change and have a better lifestyle a little over a week ago, and so far it has been going pretty good! I haven't lost a lot of weight but I have lost inches, and I have been working out regularly. Eating healthy, and covered up a good amount of portion for my exams (not too good, but before I started I had just finished 5 pages in 10 days which was horrible). PMS slowed it down a little bit, but I'll be back to the drill in no time! Also, the 30 day thing is really making me introspect a lot.. I think it's a good cleanser. 3 weeks to go! 

Last but not the least, each one of you motivates me a lot. It feels awesome! Who knew I would find such a great group of people here :)

Only Love,
xoxox
Apfel

14 comments:

Ms. Faustus said...

Thank you for the tag, dear, I'm honored!

Doesn't every woman have one of these nemesis-type relationships with another woman? My post on this subject would run almost the same, only it would have happened in high school. Blah. Blah them to hell.

And I also know what it's like to be considered a snob and a bitch for no reason. I own up to my mistakes when I make them, but I'm done absorbing other people's negative thoughts about me.

And the Facebook thing sounds to me like one of those lessons that keep repeating until you learn them. Been there, done that.

Apfel said...

Hey Chris!

Yeah, seriously, she is the biggest Blah ever :|

I have been the snob and the bitch all my life! People are so amazed to know that I even have friends, lol. But I like it this way, it acts as a great filter. Nowadays, I have started to respond to their attitude and actually behave like a snob with such people.

My life is so much easier without Facebook, seriously I was addicted! And also I don't want the whole world to know what am I doing every minute of the day. It's better that I deleted it.

Yay, waiting for your tag :)

beanditch said...

Ooh, thanks for the tag! I thought that was a cool idea when I saw it on Alexandra's blog. You have such beautiful handwriting, though. I'm slightly embarrassed to add my own to the mix. :)

I can't quite sympathize with your particular story, but I can more than sympathize with needing to let someone go. Actually, I physically let them go like 2 years ago, but I don't think I've completely emotionally done it. It's time.

Apfel said...

My handwriting looks beautiful from far, but my Dad has never been able to understand it for some reason! LOL... But you know what, it's mutual. His handwriting is worse than a doctor's!

Yeah, I took The Traitor back because I was not emotionally ready to let her go, and now I have realized that it's not good to keep emotional baggage on us. Good riddance to bad rubbish, it only makes our hearts ache for nothing!

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Really neat idea about the hand written note and picture! I like it. And I am assuming you are doing the 30 days of truth, or something like it. That topic is always a tricky one. As you might realize, living abroad you find out who your real friends are...fast. Glad that traitor is out of your life!

Apfel said...

Hey there :) Yeah I am doing the 30 days of truth too! You're so right, living abroad does make you realize who really are your friends. Thanks for dropping by :)

Jane said...

Thanks for the tag! I will try to do it soon! Great job on your progress!! A little work goes a long way!!

Apfel said...

Thanks Janey :) Yeah, started out with baby steps but determined to catch on! Have fun in Peru :)

Christopher said...

I actually tried this and was going to put it up Saturday but I'm not so good with the technology. I tried taking a picture of my notebook like 6 times and eventually gave up.

Apfel said...

Awww, would have loved to see your handwriting too! But I've already seen a part of it in your other post :) And you do have a good handwriting!

the Tsaritsa said...

You have lovely handwriting! I'm glad you took on the challenge! If you have a video camera I suggest you take part in the accents meme, too!

Apfel said...

Hey there :) Thanks :) I have that on my agenda.. I want to do the accents thing, it should be super fun :) I'll send you a link when I'm done!

Fortunes Fool said...

Yay! Just saw this! I'll have to do it asap. I am really going to try and catch up over the next couple days! Talk soon.

Apfel said...

Oh yes I am so looking forward to your post on this! Will talk soon :)
Have an amazing day!

Post a Comment