Yes!!! We WON!! India won the ICC Cricket World Cup v/s Sri Lanka last night in what was probably the most interesting match to watch! It is very special if a country who is playing Host for the world cup wins it on their home ground and we won the cup after 28 long years! Yay :)
The most celebrated and loudest festival in India is Diwali. This was way louder! Streets were packed, people were getting drunk and dancing on the roads, and there were non stop fireworks. Yeah, Cricket is the religion in India. Not every team dedicates their joint team effort and hard earned world cup to a single player of their team, makes them sit on their shoulder and run around the stadium, and not every team does the same to their West Indian Cricket Coach either. What a superb sight that was!
 |
| Oh YEAH!! |
 |
| The golden moment when Indian Skipper MS Dhoni finished in style hitting 6 runs |
 |
| Coach Gary Kirsten gets a special ride around the stadium while the players dedicate the world cup to him |
 |
| You deserve it guys! |
 |
| Sachin Tendulkar gets a special dedication for getting them by with his immense support and legendary cricketing skills! |
The celebrations were not limited to the stadium. Every household in India was dancing and rejoicing in their own special way. I took a small video of what was happening outside my window! Sorry for the bad quality for this is my sucky cellphone camera :)
It went on all night and people are still bursting crackers! Wow, I cannot even begin to imagine what would happen 8th April onwards. IPL is about to begin! I really hope I get to see one of the matches Live this time!! Yayness for hot cheerleaders on the stadium and drunk cricket experiences!!
Have a great weekend guys!
Apfel
♥
14 comments:
Okay, I lied. I had to read this first. :) I would be pissed if that was going on outside of my window. I don't mind noise and chaos, but if I was trying to sleep or something, I might have to kill someone. Jeez louise.
I hope you've dried your tears of joy by now. ;) Have a good night. ♥
Congratulations! You guys definitely deserved to win. Just like Ricky Ponting deserved to be shafted as Australian captain ;)
Hope the rest of the weekend is equally good :)
Stacey!!
Yeah I cried rivers lol! I am still trying to dry my tears :(
♥
Melbourne On My Mind :)
Heyyyy welcome to my blog :) Yeah, the match was good! I loooove Ricky Ponting!
Wooohooo! We watched it all day yesterday. The hubs has a new affinity for Cricket, so therefore I do too now (cause it is always on!). Dohni was awesome, what a way for a captain to step up and lead his team after a few bad wickets right off the bat :) See, I am so versed in Cricket! Hope you had a great time celebrating!!
Lindsey!!!!
This is why I ♥ you so much!! You have to watch the IPL those matches are way shorter and much more fun!!!
Looks like fun...have to agree with someone above, it's great, but not outside my window after 1:00AM (and I've always been that way, it's not because I'm old!):P
Glad you seem chipper today. Followed you back on Twitter, BTW.
Heyyyy Li :)
Yeah I wouldn't prefer so much noise all night either but then I am used to it by now since it is always noisy in Mumbai! Glad that you noticed my mood :)
Congrats! Yay, yay, yay!!!
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :) ♥
Congratulations!!
My colleague is a very proud, patriotic Indian and I had been hearing about cricket nonstop for the last 2 weeks! For a non cricket fan such as myself, i couldn't help but to get excited too.. it's contagious! =D
Hey iantie :)
Welcome to the blog! Yeah Cricket is definitely the common religion in our country :)Glad that you liked it too!!
I knew you'd win congratulations. If there is a more fanatical country than India when it comes to cricket then I've yet to see it. Enjoy the partying.
Thanks Ryan! :)
Post a Comment