April 22, 2011

#Unloading

I went shopping yesterday. I spent 4 hours outside and bought 1 thrifty top which I could not try on, and when I got back home and tried it, it was so loose that it looks like an ugly dress now. If you wanna know how I look, picture a Green Bell Pepper. Yeah, that is how I look wearing that top. I also got abandoned on the road for wanting to purchase some tablet for my PMS and asking someone to pay for it. I should have seen that coming. I had gone out with Mom.

When I was a little girl, it was very easy for Mom coz she could make me wear anything she wanted to, whether it made me look like I just walked out of a spaceship or someone who lived in a Royal Family. Please don't get me wrong, I am not bitching. She has an excellent taste and she knows what suits me best. I might have been a crappy shopper as a teenager and the first piece of clothing I ever purchased could or could not be a deep blue balloon top with orange flames on the bottom, which looked more like an offensive tablecloth taken off an Asian restaurant and stitched together into a top, but I know one thing. If you're wearing Pyjamas (not the usual ones, the Indian ones which are somewhat like Harem pants) which have minute golden block work on it, you DO NOT purchase a Golden dress material for a top. Every single dress material she pointed out had so much heavy gold work done on it that it pissed the hell out of me. I, on the other hand was looking at simple and sober colors  which I could also wear along with my skinny jeans and tights as fusion wear. There was one particular Khaki material which we both liked. But I thought of getting a jacket made out of it whereas she wanted me to get a long top made out of it. Major disagreement. When we were just taking a walk around that block I saw a medical store and I asked her to buy me some tablets for my PMS and she got mad at me and drove off. Leaving me out there all alone. Did I mention we had gone shopping for MY birthday?

Anyway, so I had to wait for an hour in the scorching Mumbai heat till my brother's wife got there and we could see some other stuff, and thank fuck that I had someone amazing to talk to in the mean time. But I will explain that part later. When she met me an hour later, I was already pretty frustrated which is why I did not buy anything and also coz my Mom was not around there was no one to fund me for my shopping. I felt so useless that I went shopping and did not buy anything, so I bought a thrifty top for myself, when I chose it the shop keeper starts arguing with me that it is not my size and asks me to buy 2 sizes larger than what I picked. I was so irritated already, that I did not argue nor did I bargain, and bought the top which makes me look like a Capsicum now. Note to Self : Please go to that store tomorrow and throw this top on the shopkeepers face for arguing with you. I might wear loose clothes sometimes, but that does not mean I am that fat. Idiot.

It did not get over there. I come back home and Mom starts arguing with me about the whole thing. I just had to walk out of there. This morning I woke up late and Ryan was the one who called me repeatedly to wake me up and started lecturing me about how health is wealth and that I should not be sleeping till 11 am. So it is safe to say that it was a bad start to the day coz I started throwing cusses at him for lecturing me when I was half asleep. Then I got fresh, and stared at myself in the mirror. I do not look that bad you know, and I am definitely not offensively fat. But heres the thing. If you tell your Dog every single day that he is a Cat, one day, he will believe it. I might look like a size 14 but I feel like a size 20 (if that is ever available). 

Okay. Rant Over.

Love,
Apfel

10 comments:

Agentblue24 said...

Don't worry about amateur hour's lecturing on health and wealth. Seems like you're doing pretty well for yourself

Ms. Faustus said...

I just love the way you describe your conflicts (bickerings, unrequited love, lashing out and the like, you know), they always make me laugh :) I'm sorry your Mom left you stranded, but it still makes for good comedy.

This whole sleeping until 11 I'm really sensitive to personally, because it happens to be my personal biorhythm and my husband sees it as lazy. Had an argument about it yesterday that did not make good comedy :)

Have a great day!

Apfel said...

Thanks Agentblue24 :)

Apfel said...

Chris!

Yeah the comedy part of it helps me get through a lot of shit that goes around :D

Well I like waking up early but I stick to the 6-8 hours of sleep rule even more strictly! :P

Bridget said...

Wow. I want to bitchslap some of those people for you. Can I? Sooooo annoying.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)

Apfel said...

Haha Bella I rofl @ bitchslapping! Yes you can :D I know it is so so annoying!! Have a wonderful weekend too, yourself! :) <3

Ryan said...

I love a good rant, anyway who does this guy think he is by telling you what time to wake up at? You gotta stay positive and stop listening to everyone elses snide put downs. Have a fantastic week ahead.

Li said...

Well, that was an entertaining rant! (Although I'm sorry your blood pressure was probably through the roof more than once. I've missed you...wasn't getting you on my reader, took your advice and unfollowed/followed, hope that fixed it.

Apfel said...

Ryan

Thank you :)

Apfel said...

Li,

I have been away a bit too long and I so need to start catching up!!

Post a Comment