Okay. I admit it. I am an OMG girl.
I say omg way too often! Most of my sentences begin with omg. For example:
I personally do not like OMG girls. I mean it suits some of them, they can carry it off but some of them just seem pretentious!
Peggy has the habit of saying O M G. It's not like she always had it, and she definitely picked it up from someone. She actually says o m g and not oh my God. And she says it really fast. Like ohemgee?
another instance
Another girl I know, a pretty slutty girl (don't judge me, it's all experience!) and my once-upon-a-time-wife-on-facebook (just for fun) had/has a habit of leaving on status messages like these on her messenger:
I loved doing that to her. But good riddance to that rubbish. I shall leave out her slutty stories for another post.
I then wondered if my OMG habit irritates people too, so I messaged Snow White just now.
I think it does not sound that offensive when I say it but then I cannot judge it for myself! Do you guys have any tips on how I could reduce my usage of the phrase? Or do I just embrace it and be all cute about it :P Every single time I comment on each of your blogs I always start with OMG by default. Then I backspace it in some cases. Gosh, I really need to stop rambling about OMG :|
Have a great day you guys!
Love,
Apfel
<3
I say omg way too often! Most of my sentences begin with omg. For example:
Oh my gosh I just laughed so hard!Oh-my-God you won't believe what just happened......got me like Oh My Gosh I'm so in love, I found you finally, you make me wanna say.... Oh oh oh oh oh ...
I personally do not like OMG girls. I mean it suits some of them, they can carry it off but some of them just seem pretentious!
Peggy has the habit of saying O M G. It's not like she always had it, and she definitely picked it up from someone. She actually says o m g and not oh my God. And she says it really fast. Like ohemgee?
Me: Guess what? Joe just gave away 500 bucks to a beggar yesterday.
Peggy : ohemgee?
Me: ...
another instance
Me: Ohmygosh you wouldn't believe what I saw today...Peggy : ohemgee?Me: ...
Another girl I know, a pretty slutty girl (don't judge me, it's all experience!) and my once-upon-a-time-wife-on-facebook (just for fun) had/has a habit of leaving on status messages like these on her messenger:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG....
Me: What happened?Cheap Slut : OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...Me: What?Cheap Slut : ...Me : ...Cheap Slut is now offline. 9:28 PM9:45 PMCheap Slut is now online OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGMe: Hello?Cheap Slut is now offline. 9:46 PM
I loved doing that to her. But good riddance to that rubbish. I shall leave out her slutty stories for another post.
I then wondered if my OMG habit irritates people too, so I messaged Snow White just now.
Me : Guess what I'm blogging about?
Snow White : What?
Me : OMG
Snow White : What?
Me : omg
Snow White : ...
Me : ....
Snow White : So here is that song I was talking about...
Then we get lost in youtube links.
I think it does not sound that offensive when I say it but then I cannot judge it for myself! Do you guys have any tips on how I could reduce my usage of the phrase? Or do I just embrace it and be all cute about it :P Every single time I comment on each of your blogs I always start with OMG by default. Then I backspace it in some cases. Gosh, I really need to stop rambling about OMG :|
Have a great day you guys!
Love,
Apfel
<3

28 comments:
I don't think I use it THAT much... I say oh my god when it's something actually shocking, or if someone's getting on my last nerve "oh my Gooooooood!" but that's about it and I would neverever EVER say oh em gee. But that's just because I'd sound ridiculous.
I don't think it's a problem, really!
Harley,
I know!! How can anyone say Oh EM Gee.. No, how can anyone ASK that... Oh Em Gee?
You think that's bad? I know a girl who says el oh el (lol) instead of actually laughing!! Weirdo.
Ryan,
Peggy does it too!!! el oh el and also el em a o (lmao) :| Weirdo indeed!
i LOVE the kitty pic! OMG!
OMG OMG OMG.. I love 1 7 0 0 0 <3
I type OMG a lot more than I say it. I feel like a high schooler every time I type it! And saying o-m-g in person is a little strange...
Yeah, I don't say "OMG" but sometimes I do say "oh god" or "oh lord" if something crazy just happened. You can always start saying "gee willikers!"
No OMG for me, but as you may have noticed I say "Oh my gosh!" a lot. :) "Oh my gosh, you HAVE to check out this YouTube video!" "Oh my gosh, did you read so-and-so's new post?!"
My Saturday girl at work does OMG to the extremest extreme I have ever come across. I pretend to be deaf every time she starts with that so she has to say everything again without it. It worked - bit like training a naughty spaniel :) but your OMG's are always welcome at the Daily Dodo
Lx
PS - I forgot to say my personal hatred it reserved for "LOL" - argh!
Just saying the letters (instead of the phrase) is like nails on a chalkboard to me. (I'm OK with the full phrase, I do it too sometimes).
I'd have to hear you say it before I could tell if it was too much :)
My roommate ends every statement with "believe me!" I know she's probably not even aware of it, but every sentence sounds like she's trying to teach me a lesson. It annoys the crap out of me.
LOL. LOL. This post is hilarious! I almost choked on the tea I was drinking.
Sara,
Hieeee :)
Oh yeah, it's quite awkward when someone says o-m-g in public and even more awkward when people ask them "I'm sorry, what?" in return!
Alexandra,
Oh yeah, my OMG usually comes out like OHmyGOD so it basically sounds almost the same!Gee Willikers! Hahaha this is going to be fun!!
Stacey,
It TOTALLY suits you! It's adorable <3
P.S. I just realized I might be a "totally" girl too!
Laura,
Heyyy :) Welcome to my blog! And yeah anything in extreme is like ughhhh... I am an LOL girl too :| But it is pretty rare, and also I don't say el-oh-el :P Thank you for letting me use my omg on the daily dodo :D
Li,
I just laughed so hard at the nails on a chalkboard thing! ha!!
Chris :D
Joe has this same habit! "believe me" with so much emphasis. He also says "okaaayyy" so many times that I wanna bang my head against a wall! I know that it is okay, you do not need to tell me that every 5 seconds, ughhhh!
Bella
Hahaha! I hope you did not spill any over!!!
I do that too!! I also start a lot of sentences with "So..." In real life and in text.
Lauren,
Yay I have someone who understands what I mean! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RnPB76mjxI <--- This should be your blog theme song. :)
Oh yeah hun, there is a long story about this song and the whole Usher thing right on this blog! This song is extreme (to say the least) for me :P
I have a tendency to say Oh my goodness... quite a lot. As a teacher I have to be very careful with what I say and there are a few times when I have had to pul myself back from letting a swear word slip out! Oopps! Therefore I have developed Oh my goodness and also gosh or just goodness. Sad I know but it keeps me in a job haha!
Missy,
Hie!!
You seem to have the best job ever!!! Teaching kids! Oh my goodness sounds so much better than OMG!
It all annoyed me at first when it got popular. Now I just sort of tune it out.
Post a Comment