March 3, 2011

It's hard to beat the system, when we're at a distance, So we keep waiting, waiting for the world to change...



Ever since I have returned back home after my exams on Sunday, I feel like studying all the time. The problem is, I am done studying! So now I force myself to watch movies or series or do other stuff so that I don't go back to books. I am trying to avoid myself from going into nerdy Apfel mode. I am seriously considering going to the book store and getting me a copy of Eat Pray Love coz I have been told several times in the past two days about the book being better than the movie. The only thing that stops me, is that my results are due. It's the 4th day today since the exam and well I am getting butterflies in my stomach already.The tricky part about these 4 days has been the anticipation. The more I try to get myself back to reality and remind myself to expect the best but prepare for the worst, the more I go into "What If..." mode.

What if I made it through? What if I get past all 5 stages? What if I finally land a job? WOW... I so wanna travel! I cannot wait to get my hands on the throttle and smell the sweetness of the A1 Jet Fuel and view shooting stars by night and lovely contrails by day. I so wanna sit in the middle of a long range flight and write poetry, buy a sweet new SLR and go crazy taking pictures of the sky and clouds. I guess you guys can easily tell how much I love flying. As far as I am concerned, it is stupid to hate flying. 

Snap back to reality. All of this will only be possible if I make it through the first stage for starters. The more the number of days that pass after the exam, the less I remember about my papers and the more unsure I get about my results. I totally don't know how I did. When I visit the public forums it only freaks me out more because the "know-it-alls" always have something stupid to say. Seriously, there is this one guy on those forums who I am pretty sure was in my class during the exam, and he made this HUGE commotion, because they allowed us to use Flight Computers and Calculators during our paper. His protest was that the last time around Calculators were not allowed, so this time too, they shouldn't be. Well guess what Mr.Smartass, people like us who actually have common sense always carry extras just-in-case. This is like seriously an aviator thing. Always carry backup! And then this guy starts arguing with the invigilator all by himself, and the whole class was giving him the "ugh" look. I walked down to my bag right in front of him, took out the Calculator, flashed it at him for few seconds, grinned at him, and got back to my seat. I was really mad at him! I can understand if he is nervous, but he had no business making everyone else nervous too before the exam. Moron!

Anyway I drifted off topic. So this guy was 99.99% the same one coz he discussed this on the online forum too, and actually no one seemed to care about it lol. I get so freaked out with all the fake news on this particular website that I have blocked it for a few days from my system. But I just remembered something while typing, I have to share this incident with you guys!

Okay so there is this FAA approved Aviation Doctor in New Delhi, the capital of India. This man loots new comers by scaring them saying that they are not fit for flying, and then says that he would fix it for them at a heavy price for 2500$. People with half knowledge actually fall for that crap and pay him. What he does for the Pilots who actually work, is scares them into paying 2 months salary to him for "curing" them. One of the German Expat Pilots in India asked this guy to show some documentation about these "problems", and he had no answer, after which there was a heated argument, and the Expat Pilot wrote to the FAA about this, and also put it up on the Professional Pilot Network Online. So other people from the country who also got scammed by this same guy, started responding confirming that this man is a fraud. Maybe the doctor or his relatives/friends had their accounts on this website, and they got to know about it, and this guy makes multiple accounts blaming the German Pilot for character assassination. Then he makes a young girl's account and starts calling the German guy "old uncle" and stuff like that, and suddenly 9-10 posts are all blaming the German Guy, one after the other. It was so funny that the Administrator of this network had to log on to this thread and tell everyone that all those messages were from the same IP. ROFL. Lethal Corruption. It happens only in India!

I got a snapshot of this stupid post, see how much free time I got on my hands!

Well after yapping around for so long let me finally get back to the point. I want to study for stage 2 but what is stopping me is that I am going to be super duper upset if I do not make it past stage 1. This stupid wait kills me! Today there was another ad in the newspaper for First Officers, and I did apply but that exam is known to be rigged. I don't know... I am just so nervous!

Have an amazing day you guys!
Waiting for my Inbox(1) [Hopefully a positive one]
Apfel
xoxo

8 comments:

Harley said...

I love love LOVE flying, but have never tried to actually fly myself because I suck at maths. Like, SO BADLY. I still count on my fingers. So yeah.

But my grandad was a pilot, and I take photos out of the window when I'm SITTING on a plane, and I fly pretty often, so that counts, right?

GOOD LUCK! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Apfel said...

Awww! Well your Maths don't need to be as good as your physics though, which is why I had a pretty hard time while learning how to fly!

Wow, it must have been beautiful when your Grand Dad took you up for joyrides, we'd usually just be munching around while on cross countries! And yes, flying often does count :D That is how I spend my days of unemployment - Air travel while requesting the seat where I can get a full view of the wings and the lights! Thank you so much for the good wishes Harley, it means a lot!

Ms. Faustus said...

I absolutely love flying, and am pissed at the people who request a window seat only to sleep :( Will do a post on this some day, I promise, although it won't be as professional as yours.

Sending good vibes your way!

Apfel said...

That is the most irritating thing ever Chris! I have had few oldies who request for a window seat and then go to sleep, they don't wanna enjoy the view but they won't let others enjoy it either :| Given that your post would be less professional I am sure it would be more entertaining!

Thanks for the good vibes
Have a great day :)

Fortunes Fool said...

I'm admittedly a horrible flyer. I used to be fine until my sister-in-law was killed in a plane crash and now I just every two seconds...yea I'm that annoying 30 year old that is clinging to the seat like it is somehoe going to save me... I am better if I sit by the window and can see and I think slowly I am getting better...however, I am sure I'd be fine if you were flying! ;) I have never been in a cockpit but that looks pretty amazing.

I am sure you did wonderful! Sending all the good luck your way. Keep me posted.

beanditch said...

You'll end up where you're meant to be. Just remember that. Love you much! ♥

Apfel said...

Fool,

Do not worry my love, I will make sure you're fine. I am a non adventurous pilot when I have passengers with me, which means you're super safe with me :) Thanks for all the good luck sweetie!

Love you loads
xoxo

Apfel said...

Stacey,

I love your "statements" :D
Love you loads ♥ ♥ ♥

Post a Comment