Today is one of those days out here when the Sun is shining so bright outside that it makes you feel dizzy and somewhat sleepy and lethargic. I went to my cousin's place which is barely 1/10th of a mile walking distance, and it was pretty weird because I saw at least 10 women wearing a Hijab. It's quite unusual seeing so many women wearing that in such short distance that I covered, specifically because they were not together. Each one was either a part of a different group or all by themselves. But then again I just notice crazy things. I also noticed that the Cow was wearing a new Horn accessory outside the temple on my way, and also that my neighbor's wife finally bought new flip flops.
I just noticed today that I still have to blog about all the things that I have stricken off my List, so let me start with the first one :
This was about 12-14 years ago, I do not remember the incident in its entirety but I do remember most of it vividly! Like I have mentioned in my earlier (and I mean way earlier) posts, I grew up as a Tomboy so I really did not have that many girls around me. Who am I kidding, I had no girls at all around me. So there was a lot of playing Cricket, Action Figures, watching Swat Kats on TV and Video Game Marathons. Back then we had a HUGE craze of Air Guns. I tried to Google them but I am getting something else. Basically these were toy guns which you could add bullets that were shaped like a really small ball, 10 at a time, and then shoot away. The result was something like this.
It was a day just like today, with all the bright Sunshine but that time it only made me wanna go out and play till I almost got burnt with the Sun rays. We used to live in a building that was 4 floors high, so the 5th floor was our terrace. It was not a concrete jungle 12-14 years ago (Look at me sounding all OLD) so there was a lot of open space around. So anyway, we were playing our usual "G.I.Joe/He Man" game and acting like morons, obviously I got a lot of footage coz I was the only Lady in the group. Someone was trying to rescue me and he started firing bullets in the air to alert the people of his arrival (Really!). And we were all concentrating on his bullets when in broad daylight, the bullet hit something which we thought was initially a cloud (Come on, we were just kids! Dumb ones at that), but then it made a noise and it fell down. We were SO scared! We actually thought it was some Alien phenomenon.
With a great amount of courage we all held each others' hands and went to the edge of the terrace to peep downstairs, and it just looked like an extra White bird with really huge wings. This was very unusual. We do not get to spot birds like that out here. Little did I know that I would understand the importance of that only few years down the line, and this would be one of the incidents I would never forget. But we did muster our guts to go downstairs and conduct an "investigation". As we ran towards the dead bird, there was a half a feeling of excitement of our first crime scene, while the other half was scared to death thinking what if the bird was alive and it decided on taking revenge from us? 5 floors and a whole alley later, we arrived at the crime scene. It was a White Owl. And it looked like this
As we walked closer in utter horror, we noticed its Dark Blue eyes, which were wide open, much like in this picture, and it was lying feet up, which means we only got to see the side with the ribs. I was so hypnotized by the whole view that I remember just being in my own rhythm and going up to the Owl and touching it. It had really huge wings, but the fur (?) on it's up side was softer than any carpet or sweater or a Pashmina that I have ever laid my hands on. I just caressed it a little and felt a hole near what I believe was its heart, and I dug in to find the bullet of the Air Gun. I wanted to keep a feather of the bird for myself but I thought it would be a bad thing, and I was already feeling bad that the bird had lost its life thanks to our stupid game. I was too young to analyze how it felt, but now that I look back upon it, it definitely was something unique to have experienced.
And this is how, #20 got stricken off my list. Before even being added to the list in the first place. I could see the Owl from my window, but it was gone a couple of hours later. I asked the building watchman if he took it and he denied. Let me just think that the Owl returned to consciousness and flew away, coz I would not be able to bear the thought of people... ripping it off and stuff... Eww that just crossed my mind and it sucked. So let me just think that it returned to consciousness and flew away!
Has anything this crazy happened to any of you? Or has anyone had an Owl experience?
Do let me know! :)
Only Love,
Apfel
xo
![]() |
| That's a Hijab around her head. She is SO pretty! I just got her off Google though :) |
I just noticed today that I still have to blog about all the things that I have stricken off my List, so let me start with the first one :
This was about 12-14 years ago, I do not remember the incident in its entirety but I do remember most of it vividly! Like I have mentioned in my earlier (and I mean way earlier) posts, I grew up as a Tomboy so I really did not have that many girls around me. Who am I kidding, I had no girls at all around me. So there was a lot of playing Cricket, Action Figures, watching Swat Kats on TV and Video Game Marathons. Back then we had a HUGE craze of Air Guns. I tried to Google them but I am getting something else. Basically these were toy guns which you could add bullets that were shaped like a really small ball, 10 at a time, and then shoot away. The result was something like this.
![]() |
| Lethal Stuff. |
It was a day just like today, with all the bright Sunshine but that time it only made me wanna go out and play till I almost got burnt with the Sun rays. We used to live in a building that was 4 floors high, so the 5th floor was our terrace. It was not a concrete jungle 12-14 years ago (Look at me sounding all OLD) so there was a lot of open space around. So anyway, we were playing our usual "G.I.Joe/He Man" game and acting like morons, obviously I got a lot of footage coz I was the only Lady in the group. Someone was trying to rescue me and he started firing bullets in the air to alert the people of his arrival (Really!). And we were all concentrating on his bullets when in broad daylight, the bullet hit something which we thought was initially a cloud (Come on, we were just kids! Dumb ones at that), but then it made a noise and it fell down. We were SO scared! We actually thought it was some Alien phenomenon.
With a great amount of courage we all held each others' hands and went to the edge of the terrace to peep downstairs, and it just looked like an extra White bird with really huge wings. This was very unusual. We do not get to spot birds like that out here. Little did I know that I would understand the importance of that only few years down the line, and this would be one of the incidents I would never forget. But we did muster our guts to go downstairs and conduct an "investigation". As we ran towards the dead bird, there was a half a feeling of excitement of our first crime scene, while the other half was scared to death thinking what if the bird was alive and it decided on taking revenge from us? 5 floors and a whole alley later, we arrived at the crime scene. It was a White Owl. And it looked like this
![]() |
| It actually had dark blue eyes too! |
As we walked closer in utter horror, we noticed its Dark Blue eyes, which were wide open, much like in this picture, and it was lying feet up, which means we only got to see the side with the ribs. I was so hypnotized by the whole view that I remember just being in my own rhythm and going up to the Owl and touching it. It had really huge wings, but the fur (?) on it's up side was softer than any carpet or sweater or a Pashmina that I have ever laid my hands on. I just caressed it a little and felt a hole near what I believe was its heart, and I dug in to find the bullet of the Air Gun. I wanted to keep a feather of the bird for myself but I thought it would be a bad thing, and I was already feeling bad that the bird had lost its life thanks to our stupid game. I was too young to analyze how it felt, but now that I look back upon it, it definitely was something unique to have experienced.
![]() |
| The wings were actually this huge, if not huger. |
And this is how, #20 got stricken off my list. Before even being added to the list in the first place. I could see the Owl from my window, but it was gone a couple of hours later. I asked the building watchman if he took it and he denied. Let me just think that the Owl returned to consciousness and flew away, coz I would not be able to bear the thought of people... ripping it off and stuff... Eww that just crossed my mind and it sucked. So let me just think that it returned to consciousness and flew away!
Has anything this crazy happened to any of you? Or has anyone had an Owl experience?
Do let me know! :)
Only Love,
Apfel
xo




6 comments:
Oh, poor owl. That is a bit of a traumatizing thing to happen to kids. I don't have any stories with an owl, sadly. Little less a beautiful white owl like that. I will think with you that it flew away unharmed, if not a little stunned! :) Hope you had a good Sunday!
I will never forget that Owl! Yeah, let's think that it flew away unharmed :) I had a good Sunday! Hope you have a great week!!!
arre did I tell u! we think white owl is lucky to see,coz we blv lakshmi aati hai!
But we killed it!
For some reason I find Hijab's to be strangely sexy. Which is the exact opposite of their purpose from my understanding.
Yeah! it is the exact opposite :P But I do agree they really suit some women well plus the added element of mystery behind the Hijab too...
Post a Comment