Alright. Bags are packed. Even if it's 2 days it still feels a lot, and then I come back home only to leave for another city next day. The next week will be packed. Plus results are definitely coming out next week. I hope good things happen.
Other than that, I have been cooking my ass off since morning. I decided to make some Granola Bars at home so I could take them along with me on the trip and snack on them instead of the fried food. I have to watch my eating due to my medical tests scheduled next week. So I woke up this morning n made a batch of Strawberry Pancakes, and the I made some Peanutella (Chris, yes I made it again!) and then made some power packed Homemade Granola. It is only 4 30 pm when I am writing this (the post is scheduled to publish at 6) and I am exhausted with all that work. Not to mention I also did everyone's laundry today and got my clothes all ready to be packed.
But clothes are not my primary concern, it is my Handbag that is. My handbag is definitely going to be heavier than all my clothes put together. I right now have the following items ready to be put into my travel bag:
I have other stuff already in my bag like my book to read while I am traveling and some other documents. Yeah I am a freak in this department! Don't blame me, I always go out prepared post the 26th July 2005 flood episode in Mumbai, where people were trapped for days together without any backup, either in their offices or the trains or on roads and had to seek shelter in strangers' houses in that area where they were stranded. The strangers were happy to help, which is a good thing, but when you do land in a strange place you wanna be well equipped. No points for guessing that my stuff is all wrapped in plastic zippy bags and then goes into my handbag. Phew, I need to sort everything out in the next hour. Maybe I'll put up a pic :)
In other news (look at me sounding all CNN-ish) the window guy is spending all of his time by the window. I am almost sure that the girl is his sister. I am so sick, I think he thinks I am a creep coz I keep looking at him all the time, it's not coz I like him or anything, it's just that I wanna know if he is looking at me. It is a vicious circle! This morning he was the one who screened his windows on me. Twice. Ugh, I guess my weekend away should put him in place.
Okay, well, I am off for now! Let us see how long I can stay off blogger :P
Have a happy weekend everyone!!!
See ya'll Monday/Tuesday!
Lots of Love,
Apfel
♥
Other than that, I have been cooking my ass off since morning. I decided to make some Granola Bars at home so I could take them along with me on the trip and snack on them instead of the fried food. I have to watch my eating due to my medical tests scheduled next week. So I woke up this morning n made a batch of Strawberry Pancakes, and the I made some Peanutella (Chris, yes I made it again!) and then made some power packed Homemade Granola. It is only 4 30 pm when I am writing this (the post is scheduled to publish at 6) and I am exhausted with all that work. Not to mention I also did everyone's laundry today and got my clothes all ready to be packed.
But clothes are not my primary concern, it is my Handbag that is. My handbag is definitely going to be heavier than all my clothes put together. I right now have the following items ready to be put into my travel bag:
A hair brush
2 hair clips
2 rubber bands
Hand lotion
Moisturizer
Cleanser
A pair of Sunglasses
A pair of normal reading glasses
Cellphone charger
Extra batteries for cellphone
A set of AA Batteries
A scarf
A hand towel
A spare set of clothes (I always carry one in my hand bag while traveling)
Xerox copies of tickets.
Some loose dry food
Chewing gum
Mouth Freshener
A bottle of water
My wallet
My Kohl and Gloss.
My earphones
A mosquito repellant cream
A pair of socks
A deodorant
A small parfum bottle
My mini first aid kit which is always in my bag on a daily basis (Band aids, some pain killers, some digestive medicines, vitamins, cough/cold medicines)
My toothbrush
My dental floss
My Swiss Army knife set
My diary/pen/pencil
My ID
A pack of UNO
A Cap
My set of keys
I have other stuff already in my bag like my book to read while I am traveling and some other documents. Yeah I am a freak in this department! Don't blame me, I always go out prepared post the 26th July 2005 flood episode in Mumbai, where people were trapped for days together without any backup, either in their offices or the trains or on roads and had to seek shelter in strangers' houses in that area where they were stranded. The strangers were happy to help, which is a good thing, but when you do land in a strange place you wanna be well equipped. No points for guessing that my stuff is all wrapped in plastic zippy bags and then goes into my handbag. Phew, I need to sort everything out in the next hour. Maybe I'll put up a pic :)
In other news (look at me sounding all CNN-ish) the window guy is spending all of his time by the window. I am almost sure that the girl is his sister. I am so sick, I think he thinks I am a creep coz I keep looking at him all the time, it's not coz I like him or anything, it's just that I wanna know if he is looking at me. It is a vicious circle! This morning he was the one who screened his windows on me. Twice. Ugh, I guess my weekend away should put him in place.
Okay, well, I am off for now! Let us see how long I can stay off blogger :P
Have a happy weekend everyone!!!
See ya'll Monday/Tuesday!
Lots of Love,
Apfel
♥

16 comments:
Who do you think you are saying "ya'll" all of a sudden?? ;)
I really hope you have a fantastic time on this trip. It'll fly by, so enjoy every second you get. Love you lots. ♥
Gosh I have no clue where I got the ya'll from. I even said it to my cousins on conference call just now :| OH I just remember maybe I got it from The Big Bang Theory, gosh!
Love you too babe, miss you loads!!
♥ ♥ ♥
Since I'm a pretty new reader, I have no idea where you're going or why, but I hope you have a great time!
Also, I gather from your last 2 posts you live in Mumbai? That's so cool, what are you doing there, have you always lived there, etc etc more questions.
AND, I read your comment on my recent story - so jealousssss you have "done the plane thing" hahaha
Have a safe trip, I thought it was only my wife who stuffed so much stuff in her handbag....
you should write a message and put it in your window for window guy! like, "hi, what's your name?" haha!
i saw your comment and i was about to ask what you were cookin/for picts, but here they are! i can expect to see picts from your trip too, right?
The food looks so good! Yum!
Wow. You really don't mess around when it comes to packing! I do the same thing. I'm really meticulous and always pack something because I think to myself, what-if-so-and-so-happens? Better to be safe than sorry, right? Haha. :)
I get scared to look at people, too. Especially guys. I want to see if they are looking and if they are, I look down immediately. This is probably a bad move for flirting. Oh, well. LOL.
I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!
Looks like I subscribed just in time. Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming adventure(s)
"My Kohl and Gloss." And "A pack of UNO".
You know how to prioritize, girl :D
Play a game with the window dude, like FILL IN THE BLANKS: I like my pancakes like I like my women, ( ) and ( ).
Peanutella is still on my to-do list. Sigh.
Wishing you loads of fun.
Sarah,
YEAH I live in Mumbai and it's quite interesting! Also, the plane thing, I will elaborate on it. Ahem ahem. Being a Pilot has it's advantages! Looking forward to see more of you around here :)
Ryan,
I did have a pretty interesting trip. I feel so glad to know that I am not alone in the handbag stuffing department :D
Screamingnspace
Yeah! I am almost tempted to say HI to him right now. But well I will have to update you guys about the trip first! I took loads of pics :)
Bella,
I did have a fun trip :) You'll enjoy the next post for sure :)
Traveler@Large
Welcome to my blog :) Yeah, hopefully you'll enjoy it here :)
Hey Chris!! Yeah I did have fun :) I do know how to prioritize and trust me all those things did come into use! Ha! The window story is getting interesting.. ahem ahem
A pack of Uno is probably the most important, right.
Thank you so much for taking part in my challenge. Your entry was really lovely and your last line works perfectly.
Nahno
Oh yes Nahno, especially when traveling for over 6 hours in a train :) Thank you for letting me explore my creativity in a pretty challenging situation, so glad you liked it :)
Post a Comment