February 11, 2011

I'll just have what she's having!

I just realized that I made it half way through the challenge yesterday, and looking back upon it I can see the journey, and a lot of realization and confrontation with self, and it's almost like going for emotional rejuvenation. I am so glad I took it up. The other challenge that I happened to take up along with the 30 day challenge (the one where I try to lead a healthy lifestyle), has been going alright, but in breaks. That is unacceptable. The next 15 days have to be perfectly done.










I actually read Hope's entry on this one, and she wrote about Jealousy. I thought I had this quality too, but the way she explained it (impeccably), I was able to see clearly that I did not identify with the characteristics. So, I did something which I am not ashamed of doing - Googled it. Yeah, I am completely a Google person, but it is not like I depend on it. I follow the principle - When in doubt, Google it.

So I found this on Wikipedia :


Jealousy is an emotion and typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that the person values, such as a relationship, friendship, or love. Jealousy often consists of a combination of emotions such as anger, sadness, and disgust. It is not to be confused with envy.
 Which obviously led on to:
 Envy (also called invidiousness) is best defined as an emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another's (perceived) superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it."

I do not suffer from Jealousy. But Envy? Hell yeah!  The difference, though, is that I never wished that someone would ever lack something just because I don't have it. Yeah, I'll definitely wish secretly that I had what the other had, and life would be so much better if I had that. But never did I ever wish something like 'oh I wish Scarlett Johansson did not have an amazingly hot and almost-makes-me-wanna-turn-gay-for-her ass. Or that she grows out of shape'. Never.

My childhood BFF who gave me the advice that if it did not work with a guy, only meant that I deserved someone better, got married last year, at the age of 23, and I remember her telling me about this plan of hers when we were 14 years old - Of getting married by 23, getting a special graduation degree, but eventually opening up a dance academy, and having the perfect husband, the perfect life. She got it all. Got married by 23, majored in Microbiology, opened a dance academy of her own and won an award for her Salsa dancing skills. The sad part is, I was not even invited for the wedding. The good part is, no other common friend was. We had never expected her to be married so early though, but ye olde facebook shocked us all with the update.

I am honestly and totally happy for her. I always wish the best for her and never even for a split second was I cussing her luck just because I wasn't invited for her wedding. But yeah, the days I viewed the wedding pics and all the honeymoon, anniversary, dance academy, and the Salsa award updates, my heart did sink because I did not have what she had. I did pull myself back together, but then got upset again.

I need to start living without Envy. I can definitely get rid of it. So there!!! That was a hard one to admit :P

Oh and yes, Some one two I could live without - CATS. and also PIGEONS. At least I like Cats from a distance and if they're cute enough, but I cannot stand Pigeons even when they are away from me on the opposite building. I hate those gross creatures!!! Yuck! I can go on and on about them but it would only be heavily abusive.

Love
Apfel
xoxox



10 comments:

beanditch said...

Nooooo! I'm such a crazy cat lady! :)

"Envy is an insult to oneself." -Yevgeny Yevtushenko (I have no idea who that is, but it came up when I Googled "envy quotes" and I loved it.)
It gets hard sometimes when it seems like everyone around you is living the life that you want to live, (it seems like ALL of my friends have careers, and husbands, and these amazing lives, and I'm still stuck at home with my parents, working a crappy, crappy job.) but when it does happen for you (and it WILL) it'll be so much better than any notions you have about anyone else's life because it'll be YOUR life. ♥
(Did that make sense? Sorry, it's really early here and I only got 2 or 3 hours of sleep so far. I'm not quite coherent yet. :))

Apfel said...

Good Morninnnnnnnn :)

I am warming up to cats these days!!! I was actually scared of them before :P

Yes, that is so true hun, and I am so sure, when it does happen, it's gonna be awesome, for all of us!! ♥♥♥

I love sending ♥s to you :)
Have a great day :)

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Great post! I think we all can live a little less with envy :) Really enjoyed it today

KittyCat said...

Sometimes I think people that are envious or jealous are people who are under the age of 30? Maybe Im wrong. I am neiether one of those words.
Maybe in HS or early 20's.

SOmething I coud do with out in the world is people who smoke Cigarettes. Nasty : (

Ms. Faustus said...

I know that every one of these days is supposed to be a challenge, but I love it when you dig deep even with the questions that seem a little "lighter" than the others.

Apfel said...

TexaGermaNadian :)

Glad you enjoyed it!! Yeah I am sure this page is going to happier places coz right now I'm getting rid of all the trauma! :P But it's awesome that I read blogs such as yours to keep me smiling with interesting and awesome facts!!

Apfel said...

Maybe you're right KittyCat. Coz that's when they "can" try and make changes. After that it's more like settling and adjusting, I guess?!

Oh Cigarettes... I used to be (fakely) allergic to them till I realized that I was practically already passively smoking while standing with a smoker. :P

Apfel said...

Chris :)

I am so glad you noticed that, yeah I am trying to use it to cleanse my mind, and so far so good :)

Fortunes Fool said...

Envy can consume you. Believe me, I know first hand. That is an excellent post.

Apfel said...

Thank you Fool :) I am trying to be a good girl now. I have even stopped listening to Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad :P Okay I know, Bad joke!

Post a Comment