I have been feeling pretty happy since I set a deadline on something and I'm working towards it. Yeah, I know it's just the first day but still!!
Today has been pretty hectic. Woke up at 6 AM, and hit the treadmill, then worked through the day with normal stuff, and here I am post lunch posting this before I head off on a skipping session in an hour. Found some cool blogs today, so did a little bit of reading (No studies yet!). I mentioned earlier that I have been blogging for a long time, but I decided to go anonymous coz' I needed to vent it out, without being judged. I used to do mainly poetry and prose on my original blog. But after a long long time, something lyrical has struck me, and It feels different.
I could complete Day 1 of my 30 days of Truth challenge so easily, coz' I had to list things that I hated about myself.
Day 2 is rather hard
I just realized that I had to list one thing only. I listed like 20 yesterday ;) I get super hesitant when I have to say things about me that I genuinely love.
It's hard to pick one thing but I think I know what it is...
Today has been pretty hectic. Woke up at 6 AM, and hit the treadmill, then worked through the day with normal stuff, and here I am post lunch posting this before I head off on a skipping session in an hour. Found some cool blogs today, so did a little bit of reading (No studies yet!). I mentioned earlier that I have been blogging for a long time, but I decided to go anonymous coz' I needed to vent it out, without being judged. I used to do mainly poetry and prose on my original blog. But after a long long time, something lyrical has struck me, and It feels different.
I could complete Day 1 of my 30 days of Truth challenge so easily, coz' I had to list things that I hated about myself.
Day 2 is rather hard
I just realized that I had to list one thing only. I listed like 20 yesterday ;) I get super hesitant when I have to say things about me that I genuinely love.
It's hard to pick one thing but I think I know what it is...
It would have to be My Eyes.
I chose my Eyes not for the sole reason that I am in love with myself when I look into them, but also coz' they have seen a lot of stuff. They have learned how to perceive stuff, and to distinguish the beauty from places that one could hardly imagine. They taught me how beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. I love how they never listen to me when I ask them to lie, but they promise to be mysterious and hide my hurt at the same time, just under the coat of that Kohl. I love that they give me the vision to view the beauty of life, and the ability to engross the opposite person into them so I can read their eyes. They all tell stories, some sad, some happy, some content, some distant, some longing, some raging... It goes on and on.
Damn, the poetic side of me is on a roll today! Also the self obsessed side :P
Love,
xoxox
Apfel :)


6 comments:
Awwww! First and foremost- I am OBSESSED with Jason Mraz and was legit crushed when I found out he got engaged. I have met him and managed to convince myself we were made for each other. Lame? Maybe but who gives f#$% right?
Secondly, your eyes are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.
"I love how they never listen to me when I ask them to lie, but they promise to be mysterious and hide my hurt at the same time"- EPIC
statement. Kinda pissed I didn't think of it, but I'll let you have credit for that one. ;)
& Thirdly, you are a wonderful writer, and even though you should be studying, Im super glad you aren't. I always look forward to read AND you always leave comments. I think I have become a comment whore. It makes me happy in my heart when I get them. Great that will be my next effin addiction. Anywho-have a great day! Keep up the good work.
I know what you mean. :)
I don't think I have very great eyes, but they are expressive, and sometimes that's even more important. It's the stories the eyes tell, as you've mentioned.
Lorraine
Maybe you should do a whole 30 days of posting only things that you love about yourself :)
Your eyes are absolutely gorgeous.
Kudos for the determination job-wise and blog-wise! I envy your dedication. Will take you up on that Nutella recipe, though :)
Omg I love him toooo, he's got that kind of voice which does things inside your heart and gives you butterflies in your stomach <3 AND YOU'VE MET HIM?! Wow... Envyyy!!!!
Thanks for the compliment!! Yeah, the poetess side of me does come out every now and then, the hopeless romantic that I am!!
I LOVE leaving comments. That is the reason why I do not follow many blogs. Coz' I like to keep track :) Yours was the first blog I left my comment on, and I have always loved it. You make people connect with you :) I'm getting addicted to receiving them too! especially when they're as heartfelt and awesome as yours <3
Love,
xoxoxo
Lorraine,
Welcome to the blog :) Yeah, Eyes can speak volumes even when people like us choose to remain silent! They're the windows to our hearts :) Which is also why there is never enough investment in the get-a-new-pair-of-sunglasses department! Helps me keep my guard up ;)
Thanks Chris :) You're gonna love the Nutella recipe!
I need the motivation :) Thank you so much once again!!
Post a Comment