January 30, 2011

I'm too sexy for my Shoes

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, forgiveness does not come easily to me. I have been noticing that I have been losing my patience much earlier than I used to, these days. That should probably be because of being too patient in the first place. Whatever it is, it has turned me into an unforgiving person, with more and more grudges. I am not liking it at all.

 I was having a pretty good weekend until an hour ago. I woke up late in the morning, lazed around, spent some time online, then went shopping. That should sound exciting right? Wrong. I went shopping with Joe, and some guy literally talked Joe into lending him some money, and he just gave him the money without asking any questions. Right at the gas station while we were filling up the car. He was lucky, that I did not notice it that time. But when the guy left, Joe says to me, 'I know you're mad at me coz' I just gave that guy $$$ and I shouldn't have'. I was like holy mother of god?! You just GAVE him a huge sum.. Just like that? That guy was definitely some kind of a fraud. Sometimes I feel so happy that I am not a social person!

Anyway so we parked the car and decided to walk around the streets doing some window shopping first, and I was laughing at him the whole way for getting robbed like that. I know that is rude but he deserves it, coz this is not the first time he has fallen prey to something like this, which means he is plain careless. I finally found a pair of shoes that fit me, and since beggars can't be choosers, I was happy to have found the option to choose between a pair of Beige colored pumps, and a pair of Black peep-toe heels. Guess what? My MOM FORBID ME TO BUY THEM!!! WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?! Omg I am so mad at her!! She actually called me and asked me not to buy them, coz' she had something better for me. I was so angry, I got back home and she shows me these old pair of shoes that I owned and says they're still good enough. There was an argument. Instantly. A heated one at that. It gets worse. I went back to the store to get those shoes, and guess what. THEY WERE SOLD! I have no idea how to express my anger, except the rivers flowing out of my eyes right now.


I can be very petty at times. Today was that day. I got really mad at Mom when I returned and I said things that I shouldn't have. Somehow Dad took control and calmed both the angry ladies down. Whatever. I have to forgive you Mom, coz' you're the reason why I did not get Shoes. I know I sound pretty materialistic. But put yourself in my shoes (actually don't, coz I have only 4 pairs), coming out of every store with a frown on your face and a look of shock on the shopkeeper's face, coz' he has never seen feet that wide. I don't disrespect you, Mr.Shopkeeper, at how disgustingly short you are, or what a horrible set of teeth you have, but keep this in mind... I am the one with large feet, you better not make me kick. Coz' if I kick you, your @$$ is going to be sore, for a long long time. Also I am a Karate Champ. Bwahahaha. Suddenly I feel better.




So, I forgive you Mom, and I also forgive you, Stupid Shopkeeper!

And no matter how much we fight, I still love you the most, Ma!
Apfel

P.S. It's so much easier to confide in strangers.

6 comments:

beanditch said...

I read this last night and it really hit home... "We don’t forgive because we feel like it, we forgive because its our key to freedom."
Hope you have a better day. ♥

Ms. Faustus said...

First rule of shopping: get it right away because it'll be gone later.

And moms don't always have to know everything you do. Even if they have a sixth sense you did it anyway. Damnit.

Christopher said...

Well, looks like arguments about shoes are going on at both of our blogs lately.

Apfel said...

Stacey :)

That is such a beautiful thought. Forgiving does make me feel super light and much at peace. I had a wonderful sleep, thanks and wishing you the same :) ♥

Apfel said...

Chris,

I totally agree!! My parents had a huge thing about me having long hair. By long I mean, my hair touched the back of my knees. They were that long! But they were very hard to maintain and gave me a lot of backache and neck problem. One day I just walked into a Salon and got them chopped right up to my shoulder. I had to hear a lot for doing that, but heck, what was done was done ;) I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I go out shopping. Or even better, turn my cell phone off :P

Apfel said...

Christopher,

What a co-incidence! Thankfully I did not have to choose between them and a drowning baby :)

Post a Comment